CampusMay 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

Need A Summer Sublet? Must Speak Chinese

We thought we’d seen it all when it comes to Rosengarten bathroom stalls. But then we found this in the Ladies’ room.

Our Chinese interpreter is unfortunately on sabbatical, but we’ll do your homework if you can translate for us! Also, fairly certain Chestnut is a “Street” not an “Ave.”

By for srs? on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

You don’t know what it says yet you’ll gladly post it on the internet with the phone number visible?

I think you can show a bit more couth than that.

By Chinese Student on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

Summer Room Sublet

Located at 39th and Chestnut, Hamilton Court, looking for one renter from June to September. Apartment has three bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. The area is tidy/clean, safe, and easy to get to. Close to Penn and Drexel. If you are interested, please call (number) or (number).

By Chinese Student on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

And by Chinese student, I mean student studying Chinese, not student from China (though I am of Chinese heritage).

By Umm... on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

So what is so phenomenal about this?? If you saw something like this in Spanish…or let’s say Hebrew…would it be: “we though we’d seen it all…”

Some would consider this to be light-hearted fun, others would consider this to be objectification of the Chinese language.

Either way I hope this is just a reflection of a lack of material to blog about and not utter amazement over a piece of paper with Chinese on it.

By to for srs? on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

What difference does it make if the phone number is visible on here? Whoever posted the flyer in the first place gladly displayed their information to the public bathroom-goers in vp, so I think that makes it fair game for anyone else.

Calm your tits.

By @ Umm... on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

It’s funny because they are only reaching the portion of subletters that happen to speak Chinese…. whether they just weren’t thinking or they only want Chinese subletters, it’s still funny. I doubt the blogger thought just seeing Chinese letters was funny; going to Penn, we see that all the time. I highly doubt it was “objectification of the Chinese language”. Chill out.

By overly sensitive on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

waahhh waaaah

By wow on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

hey, overly-sensitive, your ignorance is showing

By @ wow on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

hey wow, go cry some more about the “objectification of Chinese subletters”. What a joke.

By Sammy on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am

Looks like everyone needs to chill out, not just the person concerned about objectifying Chinese subletters. I don’t understand the need to be so rude and immature on a blog.

By Gravura on May 4, 2010 at 10:08 am