Thanksgiving Break is something of a double-edged sword: free food, free food and, oh, right, free food? Sign us up! But an entire weekend spent reliving high school memories in carny-infested bars and friends’ basements? Uh.
We came up with a few ways you can make those three extra days that aren’t Thanksgiving a little more exciting and a little less, “oops-just-slept-with-my-middle-school-gym-teacher.” Catch the full list after the jump!
1. Transform your most cherished childhood memory into a drinking game. Our personal favorites: get drunk and build a blanket fort, get drunk and play Mario Kart (does that count as drinking and driving???) and Hide &
Seek Pass Out.
2. Reignite an old flame. Why not spend an evening recreating those surreptitious basement grope sessions of lore? Pro tip: pick up a six-pack of Mike’s Hard Lemonade beforehand for extra authenticity.
3. Stoner Challenge #1: Use every leftover scrap in your fridge to make a monster sandwich. Take a picture. Send it to us!
4. Draw a hand turkey or eight and see how much you’ve improved since kindergarten. Wow, you’re amazing! You can be anything you want to be! Mommy loves you, honey!
5. Stoner Challenge #2: Discretely bake a chicken pot pie. Share with your dog!* Upload results on Youtube. Rinse, wash, repeat.
6. Occupy Macy’s: Camp out on the concrete while you wait anxiously for Black Friday‘s arrival. Protest your anti-mall sentiments to anyone in earshot of a Cheesecake Factory. Avoid soccer moms with pepper spray at all costs.
7. Grab some eggnog, and revisit your old Myspace/Xanga/LiveJournal. Drown your tweeny sorrows by adding profuse amounts of rum to said eggnog.
8. Complete numbers 1-7 dressed as a sexy pilgrim.
Consider this your practice for Spring Break. Happy Thanksgiving, y’all!
*Don’t actually do this to your dog (younger siblings are still fair game).