NewsMarch 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

…And Then There’s Tiësto

Yup, you guessed it– Tiësto will be headlining Fling on April 13th alongside woozy groovers Passion Pit. Dutch superstar DJ Tiësto has been gaining fame over the past few years as part of the growing electronic dance music trend, and is apparently the cool cat’s meow. (Kids these days!) Watch this Dutchman spin records and make unsts all night long as you pass the Dutch on Fling Friday. Expect tickets to go on sale this upcoming week.

By M. on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

I honestly don’t think this is a good choice for a Fling artist; a majority of students don’t know who this is. Also, watching a DJ spin isn’t all that enticing…

By WHAT? on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

I think SPEC is encouraging students to roll. I personally was hoping for music with words so I could sing-a-long.

By Alt Rock on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m a fifth-year senior, and I like alt-rock. I’ve had Fling headliners from rap, rap, rap, and rap. I’ve resigned myself to the fact that if I knew and cared so much about Fling headliners I should’ve gone to Brown. At least SPEC’s doing something a little different……

By FUQYEATIESTO on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

definitely rolling for tiesto LOL. I don’t think people realize how awesome it is that we have tiesto

By Who? on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

I will absolutely come watch a DJ spin for an hour while people around me smoke pot. NOT!!

By @WHO and @What? on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

It’s amazing SPEC was able to lock down the WORLD’s previous number 1, and now number 3, DJ for an event on a Friday night. Anyone who appreciates EDM understands how big of an accomplishment this is.

Further, I’ll be the first to say to all the “who?”s and “what?”s that they can simply not attend the concert and everyone else will continue not giving a fuck.

By STACY on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

GOD I HATE DRUGS
ESPECIALLY POT

By Mike Jones on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

Haha you hipsters hating on Tiesto just want some stupid band you can roll a blunt to and “chill” to while you talk about politics and drink PBR. Most of you hipsters hating on Tiesto couldn’t even afford to go to a normal Tiesto concert (80$+) to experience it, so you can’t hate on something you haven’t experienced. Tiesto concerts are much better than the majority of concerts out there. I am a fan of all types of music; that being said, Tiesto should not be disrespected. Tiesto produces his music from scratch and puts on one of the best shows out there. Tiesto’s light shows combined with the crowds he brings make his shows amazing. If anything most of you should stop complaining and go to the concert. I am sure you will enjoy it, and if you don’t, well you’re probably just a lame individual that should have stayed in to read poems.

By @Mike Jones on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

Please get a life

By Chappelle on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

@@Mike Jones, troll much?
I love this selection but I think the setup at FF is terrible for EDM. Listening to Tiesto makes you want to dance, so I hope SPEC either gives out more floor passes or moves the stage further onto the field. Being stuck in the stands is going to suck for this.

By food on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

this is one of the better lineups, if not the best, in the past 4 years. lupe and flo rida weren’t that great anyway.

By @ALT ROCK on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’m calling you out Flanagan.

By The Disney of House on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

@Mike Jokes: Tiesto doesn’t produce his music by himself. He has had several ghostwriters throughout his career, and for the most part, never releases something that’s produced just by him. Hell, for some songs, he didn’t even co-produce, but it was still credited to him in the track title. He’s a glorified DJ. Anyone can do that.

Passion Pit was a great pick though!

By MY NAME IS....... on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

Everyone who has never heard of TIESTO is about to dance their ass off and get crazy….I have seen this man in concert and nightclubs all across the country….he’s simply the best….even if you don’t like club music……you will have a fucking blast!!!!! He sells out stadiums in other countries. Just was in Miami last week and he was the best performance of all the DJ’s there. THIS IS GONNA BE SICK!!! TIESTO AT THE FRANKLIN……IM PSYCHED!!!!! THIS OPENS YOUR MUSICAL DEPTHS………and removes clothing amongst other things ;)

By Anoop on March 15, 2012 at 9:12 am

Where can I get the tickets?