Between the new Commons and all the food trucks on campus, we’re pretty sure you’ll never be in search of a meal again. But if you are a little adventuresome (think: as crazy as picking a random roommate your Sophomore year), you might just find yourself a short line and great food. Here are 5 things you need to know about the food source named for Joseph Wharton himself:
1) BBQ Wednesdays: If you missed all the smoke yesterday, the grills were fired up behind Steiny-D, serving burgers, hotdogs, and macaroni salad. Get on line by the outdoor patio or pay inside if you choose to use credit–nothing like putting the $4 or $5 plates on your plastic.
2) Sushi Thursdays: Sure, you can get Houston sushi any day, and you can buy pre-packaged rolls at Joe’s, too, but once the last day of the week (for Wharton students, at least), rolls around, a chef from Sushi Do prepares your order right in front of you! Nothing like a little spicy tuna during Corporate Valuation.
3) Frozen smoothies: Choose from mango peach, caramel cinnamon latte, chocolate-covered strawberry, mocha mint, or about 20 other flavors. Think: Pottruck’s smoothie bar and Kiwi had a baby that accepts dining dollars.
4) Joe’s Plate: A new $5 special every day! In celebration of National Peanut Day (get your epi-pens ready), today’s must-have is Thai Peanut Salad.
5) When in Wharton, drink like a business student. No, we’re not talking aged 18-year-old Scotch; we’re talking the Wharton Blend. Forget hazelnut or French roast and try the coffee named for Joe himself. It’s $8.99 a pound, or just $1 if you BYO mug! We’re not quite sure what it’ll taste like, but let us know in the comments!