Election WatchNovember 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Bill Clinton To Speak At The Palestra

You registered to vote in Pennsylvania–a swing-state–so you could cancel out the vote of your left-leaning roommate, or perhaps you actually believe your vote counts. Either way, it’s your first election, and you’re about to do it big.

Speaking of “doing,” “it,” and “big,” consider marking your first real display of civic duty by attending Bill Clinton’s speech at the Palestra. Ditch your election-chic for some White House Intern-chic and sidestep the Secret Service agents to hear the 42nd President discuss the critical nature of this election at 4pm tomorrow.

It’s technically a pre-election rally, encouraging Penn students to vote for somebody, making this whole democracy thing just (im-)peachy. Get yo tix here!

By Quaker2014 on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Penn Dems are delivering big this year! FIRED UP!

By Todd Lowery on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

I used to be a Democratic Senatorial District Delegate and this trickle up poverty isn’t what I signed on for. Obama is no Clinton. What Bill Clinton had Barack Obama couldn’t even borrow to get. Clinton had true bi-partisanship; Obama couldn’t bribe a vote from legislators, even in the Democratic Senate! We don’t need another 4 years of this. We don’t need a do-over president; we need a do-er. The bottom line is, who can make America make more money. Obama couldn’t make a profit in a lemonade stand; he’d give away all the product and earnings and have too much overhead. I want a real businessman to turn our suffering economy into a surplus economy. I want someone who has proven success, and can demonstrate it in his own life. I want the same opportunities for my kids that my folks had for me, I want my kid to be able to find work when he graduates in four years. That’s not going to happen under Obama. Just look at his record. Are college graduates able to find work? No. Obama’s gotta go.
Elect Romney!
RR’12

By Anonymous on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Clinton is a great speaker but this is just an Obama rally and the only reason Clinton is even speaking on behalf of Obama is so that Hillary has a chance to run in four years – anyone will look good running in 2016 compared to another four years of Obama. As a previous Obama supporter, my advice is to get educated on the real issues today and stop focusing only on social issues. Obama is not a traditional democrat. Food stamps? No job after I graduate? 80% tax rates for smart people that want to succeed? Not my future. I will definitely be voting for my future and my family who own small businesses, are veterans outraged by the last four years, and are suffering from Obama’s ignorance of what is happening to these storm victims while he acts as campaigner in chief. Please help put America back on track, we’re going in the wrong direction and losing crucial aspects of our country that so many worked and died to protect!

By ANON on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

#RONPAUL2012

By MS on November 4, 2012 at 7:28 pm

“Todd” “Lowery” may actually be a computer program. Search the exact text of his comment and you’ll find 168 hits, including just about every news website, blog, discussion forum, etc. No record of him being a “senatorial” “district” “delegate” anywhere. LULZ!!!