NewsJanuary 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Big Ben Turns 306

bf birthdayHurrah! Hurrah! The day we’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived. Our visionary, revolutionary, God-replacing founder turns a dashing 306. Let’s raise a glass to the man whose wisdom lies beneath our feet and adorns the end of every “Why Penn?” essay. Let’s thank the guy who loved freedom almost as much as he loved the ladies.

To all of you out there who live their lives by What Would Ben Do?, or have his likeness tattooed in an unmentionable place, honor this great man today. Don’t be shy to pay your respect on Locust. Happy Birthday Ben!

By Penn Anon on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Does anyone else think this blog’s writers actually got nicer in the year that Morgan Finkelstein wasn’t running it? Like they’ve actually have happy things to say every once in a while, instead of just all snark, all the time? It’s much better. Hope y’all keep it up in the future.

By Button Historian on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

It’s hard to agree or disagree with such a statement regarding the snarkiness of the Button writers. Looking back in my archives I see both snarky and snarkless writings. However, I have never encountered a better writer than Jess.

By Ben Lerner on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Thank you! But you’re three days early! xoxo

By @Button Historian on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

Thanks for the review, Morgan. Or is there anyone else would would bother to look through their archives of this site in response to a single comment? Or anyone else who even keeps archives? Very nice of you to share your two cents.

By Button Historian on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

I don’t know about Morgan, but I am probably the only one who maintains complete archives. However, I didn’t have to look through all of them as I can remember most off the top of my head.

By @Button Historian on January 17, 2013 at 10:00 am

LMAO! “Button Historian” is so obviously Morgan Finklestein it’s not even funny. Who else would bother to post not once, but twice defending here? Really, nice try.