As we set course for the 215 once more, we cannot help but groan a little. Our T-day leftovers include enough work for weeks, and with finals looming, have we no thanks left to give? Here’s a list of things to give thanks for at Penn. Let it be the chicken soup for your soul.
1. Hot TAs – Savor the final hours of recitation with your pants on. Come second semester, TA means totally available, so cuff ‘em while you can. Tis the season.
2. Someone to drink with 24/7 – “Whenever, wherever, we’re meant to
be drink together.” Rain or shine, sleet or snow, off to the bar (or our bedrooms) we go.
3. The quarter machines in Houston that have peanut M&Ms – A hidden gem and staple for your impending emotional breakdowns.
4. Taking Music Theory to fulfill Formal Reasoning – Your get-out-of-jail-free card in the game of Pennopoly. Pass No on Math∞, and collect your sanity (whatever’s left).
5. The HubBub owner’s face – Your daily dose of tall, sexy, and Jewish (we assume). One look at this hunk and we’re more than caffeinated.
6. Van Pelt’s negligent bag checks – The only thing worse than a real bag check would be if people saw you embezzling a book. You will never come back from that.
7. The fact that Beijing is a BYO – Give thanks for the inedible, inexpensive food that makes the stale Burgundy Franzia taste like holy water.
8. The downstairs bathroom in Fisher – Nothing says “rock bottom” quite like a loo in the basement of a silent library.
9. The CVS on 43rd and Locust -for everything embarrassing you’d like to buy away from the prying eyes of your fellow Quakers.
10. Penn InTouch – If your stare at Somba long enough, maybe someone will drop it and you’re so in. Some call it procrastination, we call it tenacity.