In case you’re too deep in Walnut Walk to read the news, our infamous alum, Raj Rajaratnam, has been found guilty on all counts in his high-profile insider trading trial. He faces up to 25 years in prison, but even before that he’s got to cough up $100 million for bail. Here’s some better things he could have done with that money:
- Donated enough to name 44% of the School of Medicine
- Stopped SAC’s financial problems… 107 times over
- Bought every single person in Philadelphia a meal during Restaurant Week (including drinks and tip)
- Sent 1,743 kids to Penn, all expenses paid
- Covered 158% of the losses he was trying to avoid by insider trading in the first place
In conclusion: don’t insider trade.