Among the 25 super quirky, unconventional, avant-garde lists posted on The Daily Beast, Penn managed to nab a spot on five, despite being an unimpressive, low-tier institution. If scrolling through 25 lists isn’t how you like to spend your Mondays, we’ve got your back. Here are the Penn highlights:
- Penn ranked 18th in student activists on campus, or fostering a good environment for these activists, or both. We’re not sure. We’re pretty sure that Newsweek’s not sure either.
- We’re the #10 Greenest college in the whole entire country! So no matter how much the environment’s kicked our asses this week, we just won’t stop being its clingy girlfriend.
- Congratulations! You go to the 6th Horniest university. So stop whining about how supposedly ugly your classmates are. You apparently don’t care very much anyway.
- Penn is #4 on the list of Future CEOs. Thanks for carrying us through another ranking, Wharton! Without your persistent efforts, we could’ve landed ourselves a spot on the Most Free-Spirited list. God forbid.
- Penn’s the 3rd Computer Geekiest school in the nation.
And that’s the way the toast crumbles. Feel free to let us know what you think, especially since our existential struggle after the last set of rankings. (Lookin’ at you, Philosoraptor.)
Amy’s days of hanging out with Arianna Huffington have obviously paid off. Daily Beast just named Gutmann one of the “150 Women Who Shake the World.” Amy is commended for her efforts in raising more than $3 billion for Penn and for her stint as chairwoman of the Presidential Commission for the Study of Bioethical Issues. Between hosting swank lunches, jet setting around the world to keep up with the social scene, and maintaining perfect hair, we just don’t know how she does it all!
A-Gut is in great company. Besides sharing the title with such big wigs as Michelle Obama and Oprah, Amy also enjoys the honor with several other Penn affiliates. Judith Rodin, the first woman president in the Ivy League, Penn alum Tory Burch, and Jennifer Buffett, daughter-in-law to Warren Buffett, also made the list.
Another day, another college ranking article! We’ve been showing up on a lot of them lately (thanks for the frequent shoutouts, HuffPo College), but we’re finally, finally number one. Yesterday, Newsweek rated Penn the number one gay-friendly school in the country. The survey, which is available here, was weirdly devoid of an explanation of the criteria necessary to claim the title, but we’re guessing our dominance has something to do with new outreach plans like this one, which got a writeup in yesterday’s DP. Neat-o!